Children ages 3 – 11 gather together at 9:30 a.m. for prayer, music and Biblical story telling. We continue until 10:15 a.m. with a variety of activities that are related to the story of the day.
You do not need to be a member of St. Mark’s to participate in this program.
Then Jesus took the children in his arms, placed his hands on each of them and blessed them. – Mark 10:16
Seasons of the Spirit (Ages 3 – 11)
St. Mark’s utilizes the Seasons of the Spirit curriculum. We like it because it:
- invites us to explore meaning and mystery in the Bible through the lectionary (in other words, what is taught in Sunday school is reinforced by our worship)
- encourages us to experience the transforming power of Christ as together worship, sacraments, and education work in our lives
- calls us into the ecumenical, global, and inclusive heart of the church
- nurtures faith by engaging the imagination through the Bible, tradition, science, technology, and the arts
- sends us into the contemporary world – its current events, issues, knowledge, and discoveries – an arena to test, share, and live out our faith
Parents are encouraged and welcome to visit the classrooms at any time.